Kelly Mahler presents trainings and workshops internationally on a variety of topics including interoception, self-regulation and sensory processing. Workshop topics can be tailored to meet your organization’s specific needs.
Popular Workshop Topics:
- Interoception, The Eighth Sense: A Practical Evidenced-Based Approach to Developing Self-Regulation
During this session, participants will gain an in-depth understanding about interoception including the impact this sense has on the development of social-emotional skills.
- The Interoception Curriculum: A Step-by-Step Framework for Developing Mindful Self-Regulation
Participants will learn about a new evidenced-based systematic approach to developing interoception, a crucial foundation for independent self-regulation.
- Happiness and Well-Being: Why Promoting Positive Feeling Emotions Fosters Self- Regulation
Recent research suggests that focusing on the promotion of positive feeling emotions is more effective than the traditional ‘fix your emotions’ approach. During this presentation, participants will learn about this cutting-edge research as well as how to apply this research in a practical manner in a variety of settings.
- Emotional Regulation: Why Interoception and Promoting Positive Feeling Emotions is a Must
Current emotional regulation supports tend to fall short for many individuals, resulting in high levels of anxiety, depression and sensory overwhelm which are pervasive into adulthood. This session provides a fresh, evidenced-based approach that supports emotional regulation in line with current neuroscience and mental health research. Many practical strategies will be shared.
- Understanding and Supporting Sensory Processing Needs
This session will provide participants with a strong, practical foundation of sensory processing including how to identify difficulties with sensory processing within all 8 senses. Practical solutions for supporting individuals with sensory differences will be shared.
- Managing Behavior: A Practical Approach to Supporting the Needs of Dysregulated Individuals
Successfully managing behavior requires the ability to go beyond surface, observable behaviors and dig deep to find the root cause. In many cases, dysregulation, difficulty understanding and managing emotions, and sensory needs lie at the heart of what is often termed ‘challenging behavior.’ This session will teach participants how to investigate and address these areas using several practical strategies.
“Kelly is a very knowledgeable and entertaining speaker. She conveys a very clear message and provides a lot of practical examples and real-life stories which makes her information come to life.”
“I had so many ‘aha’ moments during Kelly’s talk. The information she shared about interoception has completely changed the way I view ‘challenging behavior.’ We need to dig deeper and Kelly teaches us how to do this and get one step closer to truly understanding our students.”
“This was by far the best continuing education session I have ever been too (and I have been to a lot!). Kelly’s presentation style is engaging and friendly. I could listen to her speak for hours. I am so excited to use all of the practical strategies that she shared today.“
“Wow!!! I would give this session 100 stars if I could. Kelly is a fantastic speaker who shares a very powerful message that completely changes the way we understand behavior and self-regulation. THANK YOU!!!!!”
“As a person with autism, I found Kelly’s session on interoception to be extremely helpful in understanding myself better. I thought the saying ‘butterflies in your stomach’ was just a saying. I didn’t realize that people actually felt that way. More people need to know about interoception. It will help them understand people like me better. That would be nice.”
“Kelly’s work single-handedly changes everything we know about emotional regulation and behavior management.”
- Keynote: “The Role of Interoception and Trauma: Evaluation and Intervention Considerations”, AOTA National Children and Youth Speciality Conference, Orlando, FL; July 2019.
- Keynote: “Interoception, The Eighth Sense: Impact on Self-Regulation, Health & Well-Being”, 30th Annual Conference hosted by Autism Society Wisconsin, Wisconsin Dells, WI; April 2019.
- Keynote: “Interoception, The Eighth Sense: Practical Strategies for Improving Self-Regulation and Emotional Well-being”, 26th Annual Statewide Autism Conference hosted by Centers for Autism & Related Disabilities, Orlando, FL; January 2019.
- Keynote. “Interoception, The Eighth Sense”, 2018 Annual Therapies in the School hosted by Education Resources, Inc., Framingham, MA; November 2018.
- Keynote. “Interoception, The Eighth Sensory System: Practical Solutions for Self-Regulation, Social Participation and Emotional Well-being”, 2018 Bridging Communities Conference hosted by Southern Connecticut Autism Services and Resource Center / Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT; April 2017.
- Opening Keynote. “Interoception, The Eighth Sensory System: Impact on Occupational Performance and Quality of Life”, AOTA National Autism Specialty Conference, Cleveland, OH; September 2016.
1 Breakout Session with Amy Lynch
Clinton Township, Michigan
October 7-8, 2019 – 2nd Annual ASD Summit Wyoming with Chloe Rothschild
Keynote & 2 Breakout Sessions
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
October 17-18, 2019 – Mandan Sioux Special Education Unit
Interoception and the Autism-Eating Disorder Connection: A Guide from Inside
2 Breakout Sessions: 1 with Kim Clairy & 1 with Chloe Rothschild
November 22-23, 2019 – Cherry Creek School District
Hollis, NY (Queens)
February 6-7, 2020 – Education Resources, Inc.
April 3, 2020 – Nebraska Statewide Autism Conference