On-Demand Course: Co-Regulation & Sensory Safety: The Foundation of Successful Participation
Co-Regulation is one of the most overlooked, yet powerful strategies we can offer our clients (and ourselves!). In this course, you will learn about the neurobiological difference between co-regulation and self-regulation and how to use this science to nurture engagement and participation. Many practical, evidence-based strategies for promoting regulation, mutual relationship and sensory safety are shared.
This On-Demand Course Includes:
- 2-hours instruction with Kelly Mahler OTD and Greg Santucci MS, OTR/L (approximately 90 minutes of content + 30 minutes of Q&A)
- 6-months unlimited access to the recorded version
- Access to 3 exclusive downloadable resources
- Personalized certificate of completion
What you’ll learn:
- How to improve the overall engagement of the clients you serve—especially the clients that appear to be disconnected or uninterested or labeled by others as ‘challenging’—and inspiring participation without compliance-based methods!
- Tips for building trusting, safe and mutual relationships with your clients
- What the most current literature says about effective regulation supports
- The neurobiogical difference between co-regulation and self-regulation
- How co-regulation is often a missing component when fostering engagement, participation & learning
- The role that interoception plays in co-regulation & self-regulation and using this science to help you set realistic regulation goals with your client
- How to create buy-in for a regulation focused model in a sea of compliance/behaviorism
- How compliance-based approaches present an ethical dilemma for therapists and what we can do about it
- Many practical strategies for promoting regulation and sensory safety. These strategies can be used in a variety of settings.
Co-Regulation is one of the most overlooked, yet powerful strategies we can offer our clients (and ourselves!). In this course, you will learn about the neurobiological difference between co-regulation and self-regulation and how to use this science to nurture engagement and participation. Many practical, evidence-based strategies for promoting regulation, mutual relationship and sensory safety will be shared. Register today if you are ready to grow your approach. We look forward to seeing you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- You are serving clients of any age with regulation differences
- You are an Occupational Therapy Practitioner, Educator, Mental Health Provider, Speech and Language Pathologist, Behaviorist, or Caregiver who wants to help clients be better understood and supported.
- You are seeking a ‘better way’ to support students that may be struggling with regulation, engagement and participation
- You want to remain on the cutting edge of practice and follow what the research states as the best evidence-based approach for supporting your clients.
So, who are we?:
Although we never met in person, Kelly has been virtually fan-girling over Greg’s work for years. He is an incredible advocate for the profession of OT and an even fiercer advocate for the rights of his clients. Greg’s message is one that we all need to hear, so Kelly is thrilled that he said ‘yes’ to this collaboration!