On-Demand Course: Best Practices for Implementing Interoception-Based Supports
This live course includes:
- 2-hours live instruction with Kelly (approximately 60 minutes of content + 60 minutes of Q&A)
- 2-weeks unlimited access to the recorded version
- Personalized certificate of completion
- Adaptations for Interoception Success
- 7 Lessons from our Interoception Journey
- Best Practices for Interoception Based Supports Slides
- Tips for implementing interoception-based supports in a compassionate and effective manner
- How an interoception-based approach provides a much different method for nurturing emotion regulation and ‘behavior management’
- Answers to some of your interoception-related questions
Are you someone that has been implementing interoception-based supports, and are looking for ideas to take them to the next level? Or maybe you know interoception-based supports are important for all learners, but you just aren’t sure how to begin incorporating them with fidelity? This course will provide tips on implementing interoception-based supports in a compassionate and effective manner. Time will Include a full hour of Q&A with Kelly, so bring your burning interoception-related questions and we will all learn together. If you are ready to expand your knowledge and nurture interoceptive understanding in the learners you serve, register today. We look forward to seeing you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- You are serving learners of any age.
- You are an Occupational Therapy Practitioner, Educator, Mental Health Provider, Speech and Language Pathologist, Behaviorist, or Caregiver who wants to help learners be better understood and supported.
- You have interoception-related questions that you want to ask Kelly or you want to learn from the questions that others ask
- You want to remain on the cutting edge of practice and serve in ways that are in line with the most current science and lived experience
- You want to feel empowered with information you can use to create buy-in for a modern approach to supporting learners.
Candice T. Learning about interoception has completely changed how I support my clients. It has shifted me from a place of labeling their emotions and making suggestions on what I thought they should do to regulate their emotions to a place where I help each client to discover their own emotional experience and needs. Kelly’s framework helped me to make this shift in a way that wasn’t overwhelming.
So, who am I?:
I am a fiery and passionate person that loves to crunch pinecones, cuddle with my 2 Corgi puppies and cook (sometimes poorly) with my family. I earned a Doctorate in Occupational Therapy from Misericordia University, Dallas, PA and have been an occupational therapist for 19 years, serving school-aged children and adults. I’m winner of multiple awards including the 2020 American Occupational Therapy Association Emerging and Innovative Practice Award & a Mom’s Choice Gold Medal. I am an international speaker and enjoy presenting on topics related to the twelve resources I’ve authored including: